Charge Controllers to Increase Your Solar Harvest
Charge controllers are devices that prevent solar panels from over-charging a battery bank. Even more, the original charge controllers were PWM (Pluse Width Modulation). Additionally, these are still used today in small 12-volt systems. Larger systems now use the MPPT (Power Point Tracking). This also allows high array voltage with low current, thus saving line losses in the cabling. MPPT controllers provide about a 30% increase in harvest from the solar array. Call us today to inquire about pricing.
Manufactured and distributed out of Redmond, Washington, Outback Power is a customer-orientated company that stands behind their product with both personal support and fast warranty replacement policies. Outback provides both a 60- and 80-amp charge controller designed to maximize solar energy. The FLEXmax series integrates with the MATE to provide users with total system performance data.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling
- Ambient temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C)
- Built-in, backlit 80 character display
- Integrated Outback network communications
- 60 or 80 amps 12, 24 ,36 and 48 volts
MidNite Solar produces some of the most efficient solar charge controllers available. Besides their controllers are competitively priced. And also well-engineered. Tested in the Canadian climate for output and performance. These controllers will maximize your solar energy harvest while providing years of service. Try their sizing tool.
- MPPT for wind turbines, solar and also hydro
- Worlds only arc fault detecting controller
- HyperVOC mode extends cold temperature VOC capability
- Ethernet, USB also including RS232 interface standard
- High voltage versions available 150, 200 and 250VDC
- Ethernet output also allows easy Wi-Fi hook up
- Display is relocatable up to 1000 feet
- Up to 90 amps of solar charge
Morningstar controllers are a three-function controller. Likewise engineered with high stability. They manufacture a great variety of charge controllers. The traditional PWM series for small 12-volt charging systems. Above all the MPPT series is to maximize solar harvest for the larger 24, 36 and 48-volt systems. Morningstar is a leader in charge controller manufacturing. As a result, provides quality products for all solar applications.
MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) controllers
Small system controllers
Auxiliary dry contacts for relay controls
Dual internal fans for cooling
First with updateable field software
Available in white only
Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) and PWM
Large, aluminum, die-cast heat sink allows high output current. Additionally up to 45 °C without thermal shutdown
Integrated PV ground-fault protection
Input over-voltage and under-voltage protection
Looking for a custom solar package?
Feel free to reach out to us by filling out a quick and easy survey.