Charge controllers are devices that prevent solar panels from over-charging a battery bank. The original charge controllers were PWM (Pluse Width Modulation), and these are still used today in small 12-volt systems. Larger systems now use the MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking), which allows high array voltage with low current, thus saving line losses in the cabling. The MPPT controllers now provide an approximately 30 per cent increase in harvest from the solar array.
Manufactured and distributed out of Redmond, Washington, Outback Power is a customer-orientated company that stands behind their product with both personal support and fast warranty replacement policies. Outback provides both a 60- and 80-amp charge controller designed to maximize solar energy. The FLEXmax series integrates with the MATE to provide users with total system performance data.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling
- Ambient temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C)
- Built-in, backlit 80 character display
- Integrated OutBack network communications
60 or 80 amps 12, 24 ,36 and 48 volts
MidNite Solar produces some of the most efficient solar charge controllers available, and their controllers are competitively priced and extremely well engineered. Tested in the Canadian climate for output and performance, these controllers will maximize your solar energy harvest. Try the sizing tool.
- MPPT for wind turbines, Solar and Hydro
- Worlds only arc fault detecting controller
- HyperVOC mode extends cold temperature VOC capability
- Ethernet, USB and RS232 interface standard
- High voltage versions available 150, 200 and 250VDC
- Ethernet output allows easy Wi-Fi hook up
- Display is relocatable up to 1000 feet
- Up to 90 amps of solar charge
Morningstar Controllers are a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation. They manufacture a great variety of charge controllers. The traditional PWM series is designed for small 12-volt charging systems, and the MPPT series is designed to maximize solar harvest for the larger 24, 36 and 48-volt systems. Morningstar is a leader in charge controller manufacturing and provides a quality product for all solar applications.
- PWM controllers
- MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) controllers
- Small system controllers
The PT-100 is the latest and greatest controller on the market. Boasting up to 100 amps, the PT-100 will handle up to 6.6 KW of solar array. Highest string voltage increases efficiency to 98%. Fully compatible with other manufactures systems, this charge controller is well price to become a leading choice for off grid homes.
- White only.
- Auxiliary dry contacts for relay controls.
- Dual internal fans for cooling.
- First with update able field software
Tracking the available power from the solar array, the MPPT 60 150 controller can adjust quickly to changing light conditions. Charging current available for any voltage battery bank is adjust regular to maximize the solar energy harvest.
- Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) and PWM
- Large, aluminum, die-cast heat sink allows high output current up to 45 °C without thermal shutdown
- Convection-cooled design
- Integrated PV ground-fault protection
- Input over voltage and under voltage protection
Solarwyse carries many additional models other than those listed here. Something you need call us 888-402-4376
Charge Controllers protect your battery bank from over charging by the solar array